beginning September 2013
Pinnacle Cohorts are open to clergy and church staff from any Christian denomination, male and female. Mark Tidsworth leads each Cohort noted below. Watch for additional Cohorts coming this Fall facilitated by other Pinnacle Associates. Each day includes an interactional seminar focused on leadership development, lunch, and a coaching group. Contact us to explore participation. Click on Register for Pinnacle Events to reserve your spot for the fall.
Current Schedule for Lead and Associate Pastor Cohorts, September 2014 - May 2015.
These meet one day each month, 9:45AM-3PM.
Associate Pastor Cohort, Columbia, SC, Second Monday
Lead Pastor Cohort, Greenville, SC, Second Thursday
Lead Pastor Cohort, Columbia, SC, Third Monday
Lead Pastor Cohort, Spartanburg, SC, Third Thursday
Lead Pastor Cohort, Charlotte, NC, Fourth Thursday
Each Cohort has a different learning focus.
Contact Mark at email@example.com or 803-673-3634 for a description.
Secure your spot in the 2014-2015 Cohort by sending in your $100 deposit today, either by using the Register for Pinnacle Events button at the top of this page, or by mailing your deposit to
Pinnacle Leadership Associates, 574 Foxstone Drive, Chapin, SC 29036.
Disciple Development Coaching Foundational Course
August 18-19, 2014
Central Baptist Theological Seminary
...disciples from your congregation engaging each other in rich, substantive conversations about God’s presence, movement, and calling in their lives. Imagine them asking each other questions like:
- “Where is your spiritual passion taking you now?”
- “What happens when you pray about this?”
- “What passages in the Bible stand out for you around this challenge?”
- “What’s the next step for you in actually living this spiritual impulse you are describing?”
This is what DDC is designed to do.
Download details: DDC Certification Course August 2014.
Membership Culture To Discipleship Culture
Attractional Church To Missional Church
Consumer Church To Covenant Church
Sometimes mental paradigms and cognitive understanding of what’s happening lags on-the-ground experience. We post-modern Christ-followers realize that something has changed. Our experience tells us so. Our intuition and feelings tell us so. Yet our understanding of what’s happening in congregations, and to congregations, often is the last to learn. The purpose of SHIFT is to help our understanding catch up with our experience. We need input, insights, information, and examples to make sense of the changes around us. SHIFT provides this kind of learning for clergy, church staff, and lay persons. SHIFT can be engaged the following Formats:
- One Day Learning Experience
- Two-Three Day Workshop Learning Experience
- Weekend Retreat
- Three Learning Modules Spread Over Time
Current SHIFT Learning Experiences open to clergy, church staff, and lay-persons from any denomination:
March 29, 2014 Sponsored by Holy Cross Episcopal Church and the Upper Diocese, Episcopal Church of South Carolina, Simpsonville, SC Register by contacting Rev. Mike Flanagan at firstname.lastname@example.org
July 15-17, 2014 Shift Learning Experience for Clergy and Church Staff from any denomination, Lutheran Theological Southern Seminary, Columbia, SC. Register by contacting Emily Silvola at email@example.com For more details download: Shift Description (pdf)
Fresh Start Coaching
Fresh Start Coaching is an opportunity to bring closure to the past while moving forward into the future. The primary purpose of the program is to provide quality coaching at a reduced rate to qualifying persons. Coaching clients accepted into The Fresh Start Coaching Program receive the following services:
- Individual coaching by phone or in person
- Leadership Coaching or Life Coaching
- Four Months of coaching with two 45 minute sessions per month
- Spot Coaching as needed (Brief emails or calls with your coach)
- Discovering our callings
- Being the People of God in the world
- Joining God on mission in the world
- Living out our faith more fully
- Equipping the saints for ministry
- Priesthood of the believer
These are the areas of the Christian life which Disciple Development Coaching is designed to address. Many Christian congregations are very intentional about providing pastoral care and member care to their congregation. Ministries like Care Groups or Stephen Ministries help them to equip lay persons to serve in this way. But what about the disciples in congregations who are ready to grow, live out their faith, discover their callings, and make the most of their spiritual journeys? Wouldn’t it be nice to have a group of people serving in the congregation who would to develop other disciples? DDC is designed to help Christ-followers to discover how to live out their faith day by day, more fully and significantly.
Find out more about these on the DDC page
Disciple Development Coaching is a focused collaborative relationship, resulting in the disciple living out his/her calling more fully. Mark Tidsworth & Ircel Harrison, DDC Developers
Content of the DDC Course
Schedule, Materials Included, and Fees in the Foundational Course
Expected Outcome of this Event
- An opportunity for clergy, church staff, and lay persons to learn the DDC model for initiating and sustaining a coaching movement in their congregations
- Certification in Disciple Development Coaching for participants
- Access to ordering Participant’s Guides ($9.50 each) for those in their congregations who will take classes from the Certified DDC Coaches
- Participants are Certified as Disciple Development Coaches by Pinnacle Leadership Associates after completing this Foundational Course, plus the Practicum. DDC Certification Description (pdf)